Ballys

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Great Shopping trip to the Grocery Store!

So I went to Meijer today to stock up on some things that were on sale and I had coupons for. I also had to buy some other items too for our upcoming Camping Trip this weekend. I did really good! I am still kind of new to using coupons and only buying what I need for the week or what is on sale and I have coupons for. I spent $70.78 on groceries and some non food items. I had to buy some batteries and bug spray for the weekend. I saved $84.87 with coupons and sale prices! My total would have been $155.65 if I had not used coupons or bought on sale. Coupons alone I had $49.28.

I took this picture of the items that I got great deals on! This is not everything I bought today. All together for just these items it would have been $87.51. I only spent $26.22!! I am very excited. I stocked up on items that we use a lot. In this picture is:
8 tubs of cool whip. I paid 0.49 apiece. Price was $0.99 each I had $1.00 coupon off of 2 containers.

4 bottles of Kraft Zesty Italian dressing. It was $1.58 a bottle and I had 2 coupons to use on each bottle. 2 $1.00 offs, one MC and the other a Meijer Mealbox coupon. So I actually got 4 bottles for free!!

Jello was on sale and I had coupons off. It ended up costing me $0.05 a box! Great for summer desserts.

A1 Steak Sauce was on sale for 2 for $5.00. I had 2 different coupons again for each and ended up paying $1.00 a bottle. They usually go for almost $4.00 each!

Kraft Cheese Single Slices. Meijer had them half off plus I had 2 different coupons again. Original cost before would have been almost $20, I spent just over $6.00 for all 6 packages. I put them in the freezer and just pull them out when I need them.

Philly Cream Cheese was also on sale and I had coupons. I paid $0.59 a box! I see cheese cake in the near future and my hubby will be very happy.

I got the 2 trial size Aqua Fresh Toothpaste for free. I had 2 coupons for a free trial size tube.

Shedd's Country Crock Margarine. $0.90 each container after sale and coupons.

Ragu Spaghetti Sauce. I paid $0.50 a jar after sale and coupons. I was able to use 2 on each jar!

Eckrich hotdogs were $0.75 each after coupon and sale.

Bar-S Bologna was $0.50 each after coupon.

So that is a run down on my great sale items! I am very happy. My cashier was very nice and helpful. I gave her a huge pile of coupons. She made sure they all went through and that none stuck together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please be kind, I value your opinion, but this is a family friendly site! Thanks! :)