Ballys

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe!!

This is the only photo I have of one of the cakes I have made. This was for my son Brayden's 10th birthday this past August!


A few readers had asked for my Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe, so here it is!!

In mixer:

Mix together the following:
3 eggs
2 Cups sugar
1 Cup Oil
1/2 Cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Cups grated zucchini



In separate bowl mix together the following:
2 1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Baking Cocoa
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt


Mix well, then add to the wet ingredients in the mixer. Mix well. Pour into greased pans. The batter will be very stringy.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes in 8" or 9" greased pans.

I always make it into the round cake with a layer of chocolate frosting in the middle! I have also made cupcakes. They are good but I don't think as good as the cake. You could do it in a 9x13 pan as well, probably just bake it a little longer.

When Cake is cooled, frost with any chocolate frosting. I like to use the Dark Chocolate frosting. This cake is super moist. My kids love it and have requested it for their birthday party cake!!

Thanks to my awesome Mother-in-law, Carolyn for passing on this recipe to me!! :)

1 comment:

I love comments! Please be kind, I value your opinion, but this is a family friendly site! Thanks! :)